Wednesday, February 17, 2010

That's a Fact

With every good show on hiatus, I am lacking on TV blogging ideas so I thought I'd write a little more about myself because I am that vain. So without further ado here are 25 random factoids about moi (in no particular order):



  • I met my husband when we were in high school. Yes, high school. We went to different but we met through mutual friends. We then went to the same college and married and lived happily ever after.

  • I hold a special place in my heart for all things pink and green and turtles. Whenever I see anything with this color combination or with a turtle, I stop and attention must be paid.


  • On the other hand, I am not a fan of the pink and blue combination. You will never see me wearing this colors together.

  • I love peppermint. I could eat it all day long. Here's a hint: for a special treat, place a peppermint in your coffee. It is sure to brighten your morning!


  • I have a sweet golden retriever mix named Carly. She is my child, and for right now, I prefer it that way.


  • I am sarcastic (as if you couldn't tell). Sometimes I think I am too sarcastic for my own good.

  • I love to quote movies and/or TV shows. I could probably have a whole conversation in entirely movie quotes.


  • My wedding colors were bright pink and orange with a hint of green. I know it sounds retched, but I think it was quite lovely.




  • In keeping with the wedding - I got married on the biggest wedding day ever - 7/7/07. And as if that weren't enough seven's, we had 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen and the wedding started at 7. All of the 7's were purely coincidental. I promise.


  • When it comes to cleaning, I would prefer to clean the bathroom than ever do dishes.


  • I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.


  • Ok, that last one was a lie.


  • I love to read. It's an escape from the every day life. For a brief moment in time, I can slip into another world entirely and forget about my problems for a while.


  • I love TV (duh), much for the same reasons I love reading. I have so many favorite shows, but my all time favorites are Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars. Apparently I love shows with strong female characters.
    2006 Summer TCA Day 8


  • Any show, movie, character, TV personality, etc. that deals with infertility causes me to tear up just a little because I am all too familiar with the experience.


  • That being said, I just adore Jen Arnold from TLC's The Little Couple. The woman is not even four feet tall and she is conquering the world. The show in currently chronicling her journey to become a mother (carrying a child is not really an option for her) and I find her courage and optimism inspiring. I wish that I could be more like Jen Arnold. Add her to my list of people I want to be friends with.


  • In case you weren't keeping track that list includes Tim Gunn, Kelly Cutrone and now Jen Arnold.


  • I have a major fear of vomiting. I mean major. I don't want to do it and I don't want to be around people who are doing it. That's all I'm going to say about that.


  • I love purses. LOVE them. I could buy a new purse every week if my husband and bank account let me. I love everything from the very expensive to the cheapest of cheap. I'm not picky.


  • I went to Catholic School for 12 years and I thank God and parents every day that I had the privilege. I am proud of my Catholic school education and wouldn't trade it for anything.


  • I was in a sorority in college (if you look real closely at this list, you can probably figure out which one) and I loved it to bits and pieces. I still love it and wish everyday that I could go back.

  • I can't cook to save my life. Ok, I can make things from a box, but that is about it. Thank goodness I married a man who is a good cook.

  • I enjoy traveling, but don't get to do it nearly enough. Last year, I went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee; Mackinac Island, MI; Norris Lake in TN; Sacramento/San Francisco/Napa Valley, CA. This year so far all I have planned is a night in Indianapolis, IN and a week in Seagrove Beach, FL.



  • I truly enjoy my job and the people I work with. I don't think many people can actually say that.


  • I'm not much for sports, but if there is one sport I can watch an entire game of and not be extremely bored, it's basketball. More specifially Kentucky Basketball. There is just something about it. If you're not from here, you wouldn't understand.
    Kentucky News - February 02, 2010


  • And an extra since I wasted one with the Reno comment - I am from Kentucky and proud of it! I wear shoes, I am not married to my cousin, I have never dated a cousin, I can read, I have all my teeth, I don't smoke, I don't farm tobacco and No, I have never been to the Kentucky Derby.


I hope you enjoyed! Any questions, just ask!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I too LOVE Gilmore Girls and The Little Couple. I think Jen and Bill are adorable, not because they are small but because they are just so sweet!!

d.a.r. said...

I just found your blog and I love it!!! I loved reading all of this and was dying laughing by the end. We have lots in common!

EmilyBill said...

Thanks, d.a.r.!