Monday, February 15, 2010

Long Time, No See


Last week, my husband once again told me I have been a crappy blogger, and this time, I do agree. When was the last time I even wrote? Oh well, that is neither here nor there. So where have I been instead of writing fabulous blogs that entertain the world? Busy doing all sorts of things and of course watching my favorite shows. But since I don't really have any commentary on my shows this week, I thought I would share with you what I've been up to. You know, get to know a little more about little old me.

First up, we had a wedding, not this past weekend, but the weekend before. It was an interesting wedding and I mean that in a good way! It was traditional, but not all at the same time. Everything had a little bit a twist to it. For example, the music at the wedding, was all secular. The mothers walked down the aisle to "If I Ain't Got You" but Alicia Keys. The wedding party walked down the aisle to "Faithfully" by Journey. I am usually a traditionalist when it comes to weddings, but I really liked this take on a wedding.


After the ceremony, there was of course, a reception, which again was different than other receptions I have been too. The food was served at different stations that were open from 7:30 until 9:00. We got to eat before the bridal party arrived which was nice because we weren't waiting around for hours until we could eat. They also didn't have a traditional cake. They had a small cake that they used to cut and then they had tables that with all kinds of candy and cupcakes on them. Those too were open the whole time, so you could have your dessert first if you wanted!
The rest of the night was of course for fun:

There was dancing. Or, er, jumping rope. What? Don't you double dutch at weddings?


There was singing. Because fraternity brothers always have to serenade the bride.


There were glow sticks. Oh and fist pumping because this is the Jersey Shore World and we're just living in it.


There was an old man throwing out glow sticks. (I'm not real sure.)


And there were sorority sisters, who always know how to have a good time.


Yes, the wedding was good times, only made slightly annoying by snow and a horrid cold that I was suffering from, but I was a trooper and made it through. After that Saturday came Sunday (shocker) which was the Super Bowl. We watched it at a friend's house and we stuffed ourselves silly.

Then it snowed.
And it snowed some more.

Then my husband got said cold, just as I was feeling better.
Then I got these at work for Valentine's Day!


Sorry the picture is cockeyed. My stupid computer won't rotate it!

Aren't they pretty?


Then before I knew it, it was the weekend again. Friday night was spent with my brother and my family at my brother's fraternity family night. My brother is in the same fraternity (and chapter) as my husband. Here I learned that I am old and it is nothing like it used to be when I was in. This made me miss college. Saturday we lazed around until we went out to dinner and then went and watched the UK game with some friends. Finally Sunday, we went to church, cleaned (very much needed) and I made these:

Which, if you know me, is a huge accomplishment for me as I don't cook. Ever.

And then it snowed.
And it snowed.

And snowed.

And my dog Carly is about the only one who is enjoying the snow at this point as she makes snow angels in the back yard. If you can't tell, I am fed.up.with.snow. I am up to my eyes in snow (ok my shins, but still) and I have had enough. Enough I tell you!
Then the weatherman said on the news tonight that we can expect this to go for another 18 hours. And I cried.
And now you are all caught up.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

u have a nice blog here, and interesting stories in ur post..
it must be a fun celebration up there :)

http://wulanasihsetyarini.wordpress.com/