Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pop Culture FANatic

If you haven't noticed, (look around the blog) I am a bit of a pop culture freak. I don't know what it is, but I can hear/read the most random bits of pop culture and it sticks with me like a flu bug. Really, it is trivia in general. You don't want to play me in a trivia game. You really don't. The only other person that I have found that comes to close to my trivia knowledge is my husband (he may even beat me, but only in some areas). I promise I don't have a big head and I'm not bragging, but I'm just telling you what my skills are. Some people are crafty or musically talented, but me? I know my trivia.

That is why, among the many things I am addicted to, I have been addicted to Sporcle. There are several trivia games for several different categories such as TV, movies, history, sports, literature - you get the picture. I promise you have any sort of affinity to trivia or sense of competitivenes you will be hooked on this site.

I was interested when my husband was telling me about this quiz in which you name the 50 states within five minutes. You even have a map to look at! Easy-peazy lemon squeezy, right?


WRONG!! It was just like that episode of Friends in which Ross introduces a game just like this to the friends and he says that you always forget at least two. Chandler insists he can do it and when he doesn't he spends the rest of the episode trying to figure out what he's missed.

So I challenge you. Go and try it. See if you can get them all the first go around. Prove me, Ross and Chandler wrong!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

49/50.

DAMN YOU KANSAS.

How can I forget freakin' Kansas. At least you have like Superman stuff based out of there, but I remembered boring stuff like New Hampshire. Pssh.

I love, love, love your whole Saved by the Bell theme. :) I've mentioned it a few times on my blog now that I think about it:

1. My friend rocking a Kelly bang.

2. "I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... *break down* scared."

3. The Zach and Kelly break-up episode and whether or not "Tell me how I am supposed to live without yooooooou" is playing.

:)
Lorraine

Jen said...

Ugh, I was 5 short at the five minute mark and I just gave up lol. Thanks for sharing!