Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Memories... Like the Corners of My Mind

Didja miss me? But OF COURSE you did!!

What have I been doing in my absence, you ask? Well I have been doing very big and important things.

Okay... maybe not.

What I HAVE been doing is watching an embarrassing amount of this:




And feeling rather nostalgic. I always feel that way during this time of year. I don't know if it's the changing of the season, kids being out of school or what - but I feel nostalgic for my youth. To be young again and not have to worry about jobs, money, babies or anything like that. To have almost three months off with not a care in the world. I feel nostalgic not only for my grade school years, but my high school years and even my college years. To be young.

In order to feed into my nostalgic kick, I have been watching YouTube videos of things that played on the Disney channel circa '95-'01. What are those clips, you ask? Well, of course I will show you!



I loved Zenon - Girl of the 21st Century. It starred Kirsten Storms who later played the "teenage" Belle on Days of Our Lives. John and Marlena went on their honeymoon and she was a baby, the came back, and she's a teen! Amazing.



Wish Upon a Star - one of Katherine Heigl's first movies! You know, before she got all self-righteous.



Lizzie McGuire - this was before they played the crap Hannah Montana. Now this was entertainment and child stars at their finest.



Even Stevens - Where Shia LaBeouf got his start. I have to say I like him much better as an adult, but still...



Flash Forward - I love, love, loved this show! It got me through those awkward middle school days. Bad memories of middle school, but great memories of this show.

All this talking about the past makes me want to search for more oldie but goodie hidden treasures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH i loved flash forward and even stevens!!!!!!! ben foster has made a comeback in the past 4 or 5 years.... good stuff

EmilyBill said...

Nikki, I am surprised you have seen that show! I watched it when I was in middle school so you must have been really young! It was a great show though.