Friday, June 25, 2010

And She Reads Too!

So I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, you might be thinking that I am some silly couch potato that only watches TV and comes up for air to get on the internet. But - you would be wrong. Oh so wrong. I read too! Among other things, but I do read. In fact I love to read. I don't know what it is. I think it's the escape into another world. It's being able to leave this world full of harsh reality and escaping into a world of fiction. A world filled with problems that are bigger than yours and that usually come to a happy conclusion. Sometimes it's a world filled will silliness and nonsense, but nonetheless entertaining.

The most recent book that I have read is:


The Hour I First Believed - Wally Lamb

Wally Lamb is an interesting author. He uses a lot of psychological references and his books are based around characters who struggle with mental health issues. I enjoy him as an author and it's interesting to see how a mentally unstable mind can work. His other books, She's Come Undone and I Know this Much is True are also pretty good.

Coming up I plan on reading:


Body Surfing - Anita Shreve

I am just starting to read this book, so I don't really have an opinion yet. I will say that I have read Anita Shreve before and I have liked some of her work. I really enjoyed The Pilot's Wife and Light on Snow, but there have been several of her books that I have tried and just couldn't get into. I haven't really found an author before where this has been the case. I usually really like the body of work or I don't. I am hoping that I like this.

And after that I plan on starting either one of these:

16 April 2009 - Ridgewood, New Jersey - Tori Spelling. Mommywood Book Signing held at Bookends Book Store. Photo Credit: Paul Zimmerman/AdMedia Photo via Newscom Photo via Newscom
Mommywood and Stori Telling - Tori Spelling

Ugh, for shame, I know. I don't know what it is, but I always feel silly admitting that I like Tori Spelling. Ok, I admit it. I like her and I like her silly reality show and so I will probably like her books too. Ok? There I said it. I think I like her because I spent so many years thinking that she was some stuck up, snotty, rich daddy's girl, wanna-be actress only-famous-because-of-her-daddy, then I watched Tori and Dean and I realized she is down to earth and nothing like I thought she was. There's an important lesson here, don't judge a book by it's cover. Get it? I'm writing about books and judging by it's cover. Yes? No?

Anyway, I'm always looking for new reads so any suggestions would be great!


1 comments:

D.J. at The Quiet Quill said...

This was great. I'm always looking for good books to read. I like your writing. It was fun to "stop by."

D.J.