Friday, January 29, 2010

Making it Work

I do apologize for my last blog, as it was a bit... salty. It's been a rough two weeks with work and I've been a bit of a Negative Nancy BUT it's Friday and I have some reassurance with work things so things are on the up and up.

So, this time around let's say we have a more positive entry, shall we?

Last night was Project Runway night (among other shows). I love Project Runway. There really isn't much about it that I don't like. Heidi is fun and entertaining to watch. She says some of the funniest things even though I don't think she realizes that they are funny. She doesn't seem snotty or self-centered (cough, cough Tyra! cough, cough, Padma!) She seems rather genuine and sweet. Plus (for the most part) she has a good fashion sense. I enjoy Michael Kors and his acronyms. For example DTM (dyed to match) and MOB (Mother of the bride). I like the creativity of the designers and seeing how they can really something out of nothing. My most favorite challenges are when they are given odd materials and it seems like they will never be able to make anything wearable out of it - and then they do! It never ceases to amaze me.

But do you know my most favorite part about Runway?


Project Runway Avenue Temporary Street Renaming


I love him! Words cannot describe. I would love for Tim Gunn to be my very best friend in the entire world. I feel like I could go to him at the end of a very long, very hard day and tell him my woes and he would have some fabulous words that suddenly would make everything ok. Or, I could go to him with a very big problem and he would tell me in his very recognizable voice to , "Make it Work" and I would know exactly what I needed to do in order to solve my problem. Having Tim Gunn as my friend would make my life that much better. Of this I am certain.

If Tim and I were friends, I would most definitely take him shopping with me. I can just see us now walking through fabulous stores while he picked out clothes that were both stylish and timeless. He would tell me in his sing song voice how stunning certain things were and how unflattering other things were. I would never have to wonder again if a certain piece would work or not work, he would be right there to help and guide me. So not only would my life be better for having Tim Gunn in it, but so would my wardrobe (did I mention he would also have to fund entire said wardrobe??).

And not only would we shop together, but he would also give me fabulous swag from Liz Claiborne, because that's what friends do, right? When one friend has the "hook-up" said friend shares with their friends. It's the polite thing to do.

And because Mr. Gunn is so well connected, he would introduce me to all of his fabulous friends including Heidi, Michael Kors and Nina Garcia (but only after we have been on said shopping trip). He would tell me secrets of Project Runway (did Irina's model really use double sided tape??) and I would get front row seats at the Project Runway runway show at fashion week. Ok, who am I kidding, he would score me tickets to the front row of all the fashion shows as fashion week. Now, my social life would be that much better just by having Tim Gunn as my friend.

Yes, I can see Tim and I having a wonderful, long lasting friendship, but alas it is only a dream. And a girl can dream, right? So what about you? Do you have any celebrities or TV characters that would like to be friends with?

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Tim is my favorite too!

homesprout said...

I love him! I would love for him to pick out outfits for me...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I want to go on a dream shopping date with Tim and Clinton Kelly!