Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy is as Happy Does

Do you know how once you step away from something for a while, for whatever reason, you find it hard to come back? I swear, I haven't written an entry in about a week and it was hard to find the motivation to write! It just seemed like such a daunting task, the more I thought about it. I always do that and I don't know why. But either way, I am here and actually writing!

What I noticed is that in my absence Meaghan tagged me to make a list of things that currently make me happy - and honestly? I could really use this as a reminder that that certain things do make me happy if if I have been super grumpy the past few days.

  • My husband. It is nice to know that no matter what, I have someone who is rooting for me and is on my side. He is my best friend and I enjoy the time we spend together if it is just me blogging and him playing video games (which is currently who we are spending our time)
  • Reading a good book. I just finished, "All We Ever Wanted Was Everything" and I couldn't put it down. There is just something about a book that keeps you captivated.
  • Episodes of Gilmore Girls and Sex and the City. Do I really need to explain this one?
  • Ann Taylor Loft - which I pretty much just discovered this weekend. Seriously. I mean I knew it existed, but I had never really thought much about it. Then I went in. This was both a good and bad thing. Good because I am in love. Bad because I am in love and want to buy one.of.everything. I don't think my poor little bank account can take it. But seriously, love.
  • The Olympics are OVER which means all shows should return their regularly scheduled programming. Amen.
  • Encouragement and thoughtful words from people when you least expect it. I've had a rough few days and I got an email from someone saying they were thinking of me. It seriously brought tears to my eyes because, sometimes, I am a sap.
  • Vacations!! We just took a weekend trip to Indianapolis and we are planning another trip to Gatlinburg for later in the year.
  • My dog Carly. She is just so sweet and lovable. How could she not make me happy?
  • The fact that it's supposed in the 50's this weekend. It gives me hope that spring may actually be just around the corner (although I am not holding my breath).

There now. I feel a little better about life. And I am supposed to tag some other people, but I am not sure who has/hasn't done this, so I am tagging anyone who reads this and wants to do it. I will say it's rather cathartic.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

EMILY!!! I had no idea you had a BLOG! I've been emailing you updates on mine and you NEVER mentioned yours. As if we speak too much...
Anyways--cute site! I enjoy it!